iCal is a file format that represents the calendar for a specific room. Reservations appear as blocked dates in the calendar, and indicate which dates the room is available. iCal integration allows for import and export of each unit’s (room/apartment/villa) calendar from and to external channels, however please note that the iCal integration has certain limitations:
- Nuevah has no control over how often the channels calls the URL to check the availability. Some channels will check less frequently, perhaps once a day. Most channels also restrict how often Nuevah can check for new reservations. For example, Airbnb only allows Nuevah to inquire about new bookings every 1 hour. You should expect some delays when using the iCal format. Consider also that these delays may cause overbookings.
- The reservation price, number of guests, or guest contact details are not sent to Nuevah from the channels.
The most popular external booking channels that only work with iCal calendar are: airbnb, homeaway, VRBO, trip advisor, flipkey, 9flats, housetrip, wimdu, roomorama, but there are more.
Premium Real Time integrations do not have any of the above mentioned restrictions.
- All availability is updated in real time, both in Nuevah and in all channels connected.
- Room type rates can be mapped to rate plans set up in the external channels so that Nuevah is your one and central rates management platform
- Reservation information sent to Nuevah includes: total price, price per night, number of guests, guest contact details, credit card details, any additional comments included in the reservation.
The most popular external premium booking channels are: booking.com, expedia, hotels.com, despegar.com, hotelbeds, HRS, agoda.